- NYTimes Publisher’s Award for Technology for work done on Beta620 and for developing the Community Hub project.
- Play drums in a metal band.
- Love learning new languages.
- Download a copy of my resume: Salim Rekaibi Resume
- Please visit my linkedin profile for more info: https://www.linkedin.com/in/salimrekaibi.
Senior Software Engineer - Full TimeJustworks - New York
- Backend Engineer + Devops
Software Engineer - Full TimeBuzzfeed - New York
- Backend Engineer working on the Buzzfeed Web App
Senior Software Engineer - Full TimeThe New York Times - New York
- Redesigned the commenting platform
- Migrated APIs from REST framework to Yii framework
- Implemented Elastic Search as an indexing engine for our comments and modified the APIs to interact with it for comment retrieval and searching.
- Working towards redesign of the moderation tool and the DB/APIs
- Maintaining the Beta620 cluster for deploying internal projects
- Test Driven Development
Software Engineer - Full TimeThe New York Times - New York
- Python for heavy data extraction, transformation and reports.
- Lots of MySQL stored procedure work as well as optimization of queries.
- Developed front-end caching for the web site, a moderation interface as well as the new commenting system which allows for infinite level commenting (implemented as a nested tree)
- UI work in jQuery
- Lots of exposure to Amazon Web Services.
- Linux environment.
- Agile methodology (Scrum meetings, JIRA).
Systems Developer - Full TimeCenter for Maritime Research - Stevens Institute of Technology, Davidson Laboratory - New Jersey
- Developed several programs written in JAVA to extract data from different web locations (ftp, http), using either data extraction or screen scrapping then analyzing the data and inserting it into a MySQL database using JDBC.
- Worked with large amount of data (data goes several years back for every 30 minutes)
- Created a program to extract data from netcdf file (Network common data form).
- Environment is Linux mainly, working with MATLAB on windows XP.
Java / Web Developer - Part Time ConsultingInvestio - New York
- Developed a high traffic Financial data analysis system
- Using matlab for analysis algorithms
- Optimization and replication of the databases
- Load balancing of the servers
- Working with very large amounts of data (Millions of records per table)
- Generating profit and loss data and charts
- Portfolio management system (to watch a particular stock, have alerts sent to your email)
- Developed an Investio API to allow people to use our interface to get data and signals for any stock.
Web Developer - Part Time and Full TimeIDSIDE - Paris, France
- Design, develop and test web sites for clients
- Created custom CMS interfaces to manage content of websites
- Linux and windows environment (mainly linux)